Our backs have 24 vertebrae and contain a complex network of disks, muscles, joints, nerves, and tendons. When something goes awry in the back, the pain can be debilitating and keep you from completing every day activities and your desired lifestyle. Dr. Kutz and his team understand that every condition and its coordinating symptoms can vary in severity and treatment needed.
However, the most serious symptoms that arise for those that may qualify for surgery include:
- CHANGES IN BOWEL OR BLADDER FUNCTION
- REDUCED OR COMPLETE LOSS OF FUNCTION OF THE ARMS OR LEGS
- PAIN THAT INCREASES OR CONTINUES AFTER TWO WEEKS
- RADIATING PAIN OR TINGLING SENSATION
- NUMBNESS FELT IN THE ARMS AND/OR LEGS
- LOSS OF BALANCE